Scrap Factory Farming is a Humane Being campaign. Humane Being is a not-for-profit organisation focused on encouraging kindness to all animals and better consideration for the condition of our planet. At Humane Being, we are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with current data protection legislation (GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018).
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We collect and process your data because either
- we believe you share our interests and aims
- we understood that you have given us your consent to do so
- we understood you to have indicated in your prior / ongoing communications with us that you share our interests and aims
We recognise your right to terminate communications with us at any time and your right to request that we delete your data.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, STORE AND USE
The personal information we collect might include your name, email address, IP address (location of your computer on the internet), postal address, records of correspondence with us and – if you made a donation – your bank details and other related financial information. We use your contact details to send you information that you might find of interest or about opportunities/campaigns that we believe that you may be interested in pursuing with us. If you are one of our staff or volunteers, we may need to keep additional information (e.g. contracts, tax information, medical information etc.) We recognise that some information may be sensitive and hence we will strive to take care with our handling and processing of any sensitive information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
- Direct – We may collect information about you when you interact directly with us and knowingly provide us with personal information.
- Website – We may collect information about you when you visit our website such as, the pages you access, the files you download etc. This enables us to continue improving your experience of our website and to understand more about those who share common interests with us. We will only capture personal data through our website where we have your explicit permission to do so.
- Third parties – We may also collect your data through third parties such as campaign fundraising (e.g. via CrowdJustice), surveying (SurveyMonkey) or via social media websites (e.g. if you follow us on Facebook or Twitter).
- Public sources – Finally, we may also attain or combine information you provide to us with information that is generally available from public sources (e.g. through your personal or company website). We believe this enables Humane Being to effectively link up with individuals and organisations who share a common interest with us (e.g. concern over global activities such as intensive farming that may impact negatively on animals, the environment and human health).
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
Only our staff and selected volunteers have access to your information. We do not sell, rent, or give your information to third parties, nor do we share it with them for marketing purposes. We will only pass your information onto our third-party service providers and other associated organisations for the purposes of providing services (for example to process a donation.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information relating to financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which in the UK may be up to six years after a particular transaction). In respect of other personal information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account guidance issued by the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES
Please contact us if:
- you would like us to stop communicating with you
- you want to update the information that we hold for you
- any information that we have about you is incorrect or incomplete
- you have any concerns or suggestions about the way we are handling data
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS
Visit (for individuals in the UK) https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters
Visit (for individuals in the EU) https://gdpr.eu/tag/chapter-3
CHILDREN AGED 16 OR UNDER
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with any personal information.
Policy last reviewed: 11th August 2020
For concerns or for general enquiries contact, Jane Tredgett (Founder/Director): firstname.lastname@example.org